Local Weather

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sunday, July 17, 2005

With the summer off, you'd think that I would be taking full advantage of it - gardening, golfing, reading ... wrong! I'm preparing my house for sale and house hunting. Working harder than I have in years. Found a perfect house except for one small thing, the roof leaked. Actually it was the roof on the three-season addition he built, but since I would still be paying for that in his selling price, I wanted it fixed as a condition of sale. Being a seller's market, I was advised the house was "as is" so consequently am still house hunting. The prices have sky-rocketed on housing - good for me selling, not good for me buying, so if you know of a nice small house to buy, let me know.

Am off to Edmonton with SR next week-end. With the difference between selling and buying (downsizing) I want to purchase an apartment in Edmonton, which will see SR through at least the next two years in University. The only problem is, I haven't sold, so am a bit stressed about that ... so if you know of anyone that wants to buy country residential, tell them to see me.

Now with all that going on, I took a day off yesterday and went down the Pelly River to Fort Selkirk. This was a freebe for government workers so we took full advantage of it. Fort Selkirk is a meeting place for two major river systems, the Yukon and the Pelly and a gathering place for many years. Heard that it was considered for the capital of the Yukon before the road system came to the north. Some pictures will follow. The day was beautiful, sunny and warm. It did threaten showers at one point but that cleared quickly. The boats left from Pelly Farm - and the road to Pelly farm was something else in a mini-van - 51 km's took over an hour - but aside from that it was relaxing (something I desperately needed) and fun.

Sunday now, and back to fixing up the house. One last thing to do, then I am ready to show and hopefully a sale will follow soon. Keep you fingers crossed.

No comments: