Local Weather

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Well, we jumped right from winter to summer this weekend. I don't know what the temperature was, but it was too hot to sit outside in shorts. My snow is disappearing like crazy. I found my driveway (many portions of it are actually small lakes) and am finding a lawn albeit a brown one. If it keeps up I will start working on the portions of lawn I can see - raking and cleaning up. But not today. Today was a day of rest and I took full advantage of that fact. Soon I will be polishing up the old golf clubs and see if they work better this year than they did last year.

Had a lovely weekend. Out for drinks with friends Friday night. Out to dinner on Saturday night. Talked a lot to sister Lisa Saturday day. Spoke with Jennifer today. She has just returned from California with her family. They were in Disneyland, Knotsberry Farm and played around the ocean. It sounded like their holiday was just what they needed after a long prairie winter.

Mom leaves for Holland and Hungary next Saturday. Teri et al and Debbie et al leave for Hilton Head that same day. Tis a year for travel.

Just 2 weeks to my Vancouver weekend. I'm looking forward to that.

Still have to make reservations down to Vancouver on the July 1st weekend to attend Kristi's wedding. Then have planned a small car tour of Port Townsend with my friend Bev. Should be fun poking about this small town in northern Washington State. If the town is smaller than I imagined, then we can always spend a day or two in Seattle. We'll see how it goes.

SR is coming home for a couple of days this week, not that I'll see him too much. Although he does sleep here, he is seldom home when he is home - if you know what I mean. His job is going well and he hopes to keep on the day shift this year. Work always keeps him away and busy. He needs that to earn his university money for the next year.

And that's it for this week.

No comments: