Local Weather

Friday, June 29, 2018

Back on-blog Again

Had a time with my computer.  My MacBook Pro wouldn't boot up.  I took it to the one and only Apple store in the Yukon.  They tested it and said something was wrong so I had to get their techs to look at it.  That was on June 9th.  Finally, I got to the front of the line, they check it out and said I needed a new video card, but because my MacBook was purchased in 2012, they didn't make that video card anymore so I had to throw out the complete computer!  That result came on the 20th of June.  At this point in time, I was without a computer for 12 days.  So, I bought a new MacBook Air.  I wanted them to transfer all the data from my old computer to the new one and set up the three programs I purchased as well.  Sure, they could do that but not on the 21st as it was Aboriginal Day, not on the 22nd as it was a Friday and they wanted a long weekend.  Not on the 23 or 24th as that was a weekend and not on the 25th as at a meeting they decided to take an extra day off.  So I was now 4th in line (better than the 21st I was previously) to get my computer set up.  Finally got my computer back on the 28th.  So, that is from the 9th to the 28th I have been at Apple's mercy.  But I am back on-line and trying to do some catch up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang - I always like your images of June 21, the longest day and Shaun and Brookes anniversary. MJT