Local Weather

Thursday, October 13, 2016

The Girl on the Train


I hadn't read the book although it was on my list so when the movie came out I did want to see it.  The most exciting part of this movie was paying with Atom, the on-line pre-purchase, then use your phone to accept the purchase inside the theatre.  This is not a "happy" movie.  No one in it is happy.   And no one in it is what we consider normal.  They all have issues of some sort, most of them disagreeable.  The movie also has a lot of TV movie stars; i.e. Lisa Kudrow, (Friends), Laura Prepon (That 70's Show), Alison Janney (Mom).  Now having said that, I was still glad I saw the movie with the twist at the end.  The story moved a bit slow and if I base the success on how many times I looked at my watch before the end (3) I give it 2.5 Stars out of 5.

No comments: