Local Weather

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

June 8


Went to visit my old neighbour Helen today.  She has now finished planting her flowers and vegetables and is just waiting for things to grow big now.  Walter's potatoes are starting to show.  Always makes me think of the potato growing contests we used to have.


I found her weed-eating in the corner of the lawn.  The grass is next on her list to care for.

We had a good chat then visited Dusty.  Dusty is now 37 years old and still going strong.  Dusty was my neighbour from 1988 to 2005.  I used to feed him the grass clippings when I was mowing my lawn.  As we approached him, he thought he was going to be fed, so Helen did give him a snack to eat.


I didn't even know I took this photo - me and my big fat fingers, but it turned out not too bad so decided to include it here.  Helen's birthday is coming up soon so maybe I can get a snap or two on her birthday.  
I left with 3 tomato plants and a bunch of flowers.  She certainly has a green thumb!


No comments: