Local Weather

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

A Skagway Monday


Monday and it was off to Skagway.  It was a beautiful clear hot day.  The ride was scenic and we did see one black bear and two goats climbing a crumbling cliff - the bear wasn't climbing the cliff, just easting grass on the side of the road.  
Only three ships in port, one being a very small one, so the tourist crowd was at a minimum for July.


Above is just around the corner from the Skagway Brewing Co.  I can't believe I have never eaten there.  That wee person in the bottom right hand corner is Debbie carrying pretzels she purchase there.

We parked by the museum which I have never been inside of either.  While waiting for the pretzel lady I peeked inside and it looks interesting even though I am not a museum type person.  And if you need a restroom, this is the place to go, no pun intended.


And,  while still waiting for the pretzel lady, I strolled around this back street and found this wonderful child's play area.  Imagine, I have been to Skagway so many times and didn't even know this existed.


No comments: