Local Weather

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Rendezvous 2015


Rendezvous Weekend.  Friday was our Rendezvous Day, or perhaps Heritage Day or is it now Family Day??  Anyway it was the start of the big weekend.  Yesterday was so warm apparently you could snowshoe without a coat (right Gail?) .  Today I met SR and family down at Shipyards Park.  It was only -1C but THAT WIND!!  Last year I almost froze off my fingers.  This year, thinking -1C was quite warm was a wrong thing to think.  That wind cut right through me and my fingers.  Yes, I was cold once again.  Next year, even if it is +10C I will wear down clothing!!!
  

So the first thing I saw were the Snow Sculptures.  I love looking at those. My Favourite this year was a NAFTA one (Canada, USA & Mexico).  I loved how they even had the ice flows around the boat.  The top one was SR's fave this year.  Tomorrow we'll see who wins.


Although I didn't watch the one-dog-pull, I did see a few of the dogs lining up to see if they could pull the most weight on a sled.


Did push the wee ones around only for a bit though.  Mom and Dad did most of the pushing.


Mom and Dad looked more in the Rendezvous spirit than I was.  And the stroller was perfect for the snow.  


I wasn't until we were in the warming tent that the cover was lifted and we saw what what inside.  Two cute little ones!




And I arrived inside the tent just in time to see the Snow Shoe Cancan Dancers.  They are a staple of Rendezvous.  Gillian Campbell arrived just after them, another staple.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the boat sculpture too because of the broken ice. Really like BR's coat and mitts - What fur are the mitts. Snowshoeing dancers is totally northern unique. mjt