Local Weather

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Moving Day


If you wondered why I have been lax in keeping up this blog ... think no more.  Moving day was September 15th.  Prior to that date it was rain rain rain.  Moving day was magnificent sunny skies.  What luck.  I had forgotten what a big job moving was.  Luckily I had expert movers that did it with a smile and with very little instructions (although I had written where each box was to go, so they didn't need very much instruction). 


Boxes, boxes, boxes, boxes, boxes, boxes ...  well you get the picture.  For someone who had downsized on my last move, I couldn't believe how many boxes I had.  Filling them was enough for me.  I then had to empty them on the other end and was NOT looking forward to that job.  You know, we collect too much "stuff".  I kept thinking, do we really need all this stuff?????  The answer is no.  Unfortunately, I am a bit of a pack rat.


So, around supper time, the Twins came by (with Mom) with a beautiful colourful bouquet of flowers for the new house.  They also brought gluten-free pizza and some bubbly which was also much appreciated as I had very little food in the house and anyway, even if I did, was much too tired to cook anything that day.  I had a lovely visit with the grandkids and their mom, then it was early to bed so I could get up early the next morning and start unpacking.


The flowers were so colourful and bright.  They really did light up the room.
Thanks "twins"!


No comments: