Local Weather

Saturday, May 24, 2014

May 30, 2014


Tonight there may be a very cool meteor shower. Between 2am and 4am EST, that is 11PM and 1 AM my time, Earth will be passing through a debris field left recently by a new comet that passed through our orbital plane. Since it is a moonless Friday night, there should be a good chance to see some of this new meteor shower. So, at around 11 PM I looked out my bedroom window and this is what I saw.  Looks like I'll have to stay up for a few more hours before the sky is dark enough to see shooting stars and considering the robins start singing at 3:00 AM (the early bird gets the worm & awakens sleepers), there is probably little chance of seeing a good meteor shower.


By the way, these photos are not photoshopped.  We are currently getting 18-1/4 hours of daylight.  You wedding people from last year remember the skies of a June 21st evening, which is less than a month away.  Yup, difficult to see the stars at this time of year.

Not many posts lately.  The reason - I am house hunting and getting my place ready for sale.  It is a busy busy time, but when I get my new camera (yeah!!!) I hope to take some photos to see how it works and hopefully will find a bit of time to add a few posts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing your new home. mjt