Local Weather

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

The Lone Ranger


Guess what movie I saw last night.  This is a must see for Johnny Depp fans.  The only drawback for me was the length - 2.5 hours and for my movie mates the drawback was also the very graphic violence and genocide (and I must admit I wasn't all that big on that either) - Disney, I am surprised at you.  This is a story of how the Lone Ranger came to be, as told through the eyes of Tonto.  I grew up watching The Lone Ranger on TV and think the movie would have grossed more had it deleted some of the gruesome violence and made it more appropriate for the younger audience as well as the adult viewers.  I felt the acting was superb and there were many "laugh out loud" lines to keep you going until the end.  The last 15 minutes were the most thrilling of the entire movie - filled with huge action scenes, comedy, drama, and the William Tell Overture.  It left me on a high.  Of course, I love Johnny Depp and I love good guys bad guys westerns so other than the length (really, sitting in the uncomfortable Qwanlin Cinema seats with a missing arm rest and your feet glued to the sticky floor for 2.5 hours is not very enticing) and the violence, I totally recommend this movie.  I give it 4 out of 5 stars!

No comments: