Local Weather

Friday, February 11, 2011

Hockey Day in Canada - tomorrow

Officially tomorrow is Hockey Day in Canada, but all of the "stars" are here now. Do you recognize the above person? Luckily all the hockey players that take part in this Day are "old" hockey players, so I recognize their names from days of yore, when I was interested in hockey - that is before all the fighting and before the zillion US teams joined the NHL - I mean, who even knows how to ice skate in Florida or Arizona, or California!?! (If you give up, it is Ken Dryden)

There was a skate this morning with the Stanley Cup on location at the Canada Games Centre. The CBC morning show was broadcast live on location. I thought I would see if I could see the Cup after 9 AM - when all the people had left for work or school. Of course, all the people left and so did the cup but the Puck was still there so I took advantage of that!
I know that some of the hockey people were coaching sessions in the morning, but it was difficult to tell who was who with all their equipment on. I heard Wendell Clark and Lanny McDonald were there, but didn't see them, so all you get is a photo of a puck.

No comments: