Local Weather

Thursday, April 15, 2010

You may recognize this photo. The road on the way to my old house. As you can see there is still lots of snow on the mountains, very little in the bushes just off the road (unlike my backyard which still has 1-1/2 feet of snow). Was on my way to pick up my 'ol friend for lunch.

Passed this small building, which is easily viewed off the Alaska Highway. It is our new (and only) crematorium. The large chimney was shooting out the heat. You can't help but wonder if they just keep it hot in there, or if it is really doing its job.

On the way home, we took a detour to the McIntyre Creek area, where the paper last night said the swans have stopped. There is a lovely little viewing kiosk there filled with information on the birds in the area.

Of course, my birder friend knew all of this information and could easily recognize any of the birds. Had we seen swans, we could have recognized them too. Guess they all few away to the north since last night. Old Yukoners reading this ?? This is on the Fish Lake Road before the hydro station (on the way to my old old house).

No comments: