Local Weather

Saturday, April 24, 2010


Had a visit from my little friend Ella on Friday, accompanied by my big friend Deb. Ella was a little shy but was quickly amused by all of the new stuff within reach. She is growing so big so quickly. Next time she comes for a visit I'm sure she'll be talking!



Saw TWO robins last Sunday, one at my old home in MacPherson on Thursday and one today. So YES ... Spring is officially here. The weather has been fine of late - sunny sunny sunny and the snow is almost all gone. In fact - the Golf Course opened this weekend. I think that is the earliest opening yet. So now there is a lot of outside work - raking, digging, planting, cleaning and generally getting ready for the summer. I love finally getting out into the yard.

The swans have arrived at Swan Haven in M'Clintock Bay on Marsh Lake. As of Friday, the count is 667 swans, including 235 Tundra Swans. On occasion while walking in town you can hear their honking as their loose "V"s make their way further north. It's a sight one never tires of.

So with this warm weather, the postings will be sporadic. If I'm not talking to you, I am outside getting fresh air and exercise. Happy Spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Know how you feel - I shut down the blog temporarily to go out to the garden - Wonderful Spring - glad to hear about your getting out there and what a cute little gal! MJT