Local Weather

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dropped into Natasha's new house this afternoon. She has just moved in and is thrilled with it. It is very nice and built by one of the best house builders in town - Horizon Construction. Of course, her husband Derick, who is in university in Edmonton, has yet to see it.
Met Tash in the early afternoon in Starbucks. She said that with all this snow, she is doing very well work wise - she is a physiotherapist. Actually went to meet Deb there and we were going to plan our next big trip which will be to Naxos - once again. Greece keeps calling me back for some reason - maybe I'm part Greek, not part Hungarian??? Was going to take my computer with me and phoned Starbucks to ensure I could get a connection. They told me to bring the computer and I could probably hook into an unprotected internet site - yeah right. So I left the computer at home. As it turns out with Natasha there, we talked house decorating instead. If anyone has rented a house or apartment close to Naxos Town/Agios Georgios, please let me know. That's what we're looking for.
Don't want to go on about the weather, no, really I don't, but, BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH. Dawson City had the coldest temperature on record for March 15 today at -41C. That's where SR is now, trying to open up the mine. Old Crow was -65C with the wind chill.
We sat at around -15C but that wind was chilly - don't even want to know what it was with the wind chill.
Picked up two good movies last night. Changeling (directed by Clint Eastwood): it was very good and Angelina's lips were very big and red. It is based on a true story and very interesting and a bit sad. Also rented Australia (with Hugh Jackman, who is pretty easy on the eyes): it's an epic tale with good guys, bad guys, damsels, horses, cattle, wars ... just about everything and kept my interest for its almost three hour length.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

-41????.... i just sent you a email of the real temp on march 15 2009. Oh how i wish i was back in panama....