Local Weather

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Inferno


I know it only got 28 tomatoes (out of 100!!!) but as I saw the first two in this series and Tom Hanks does star in this movie and Ron Howard (another of my faves) directs it, I went to see it last night.  No surprises here.  Dan Brown's books are all kind of the same - a quick read and forgettable.  Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) awakens in a hospital with amnesia and people are trying to kill him.  He must follow a series of clues to escape tragedy.  The movie is mostly set in Florence, a city I have visited a few times so it was a pleasure to re-visit the city through this film.  A quick visit to Venice was also great.  If you saw either one of the previous two films in this series, you will know exactly what to expect.  As I said, no surprises here but glad I saw it.  I give it 3 of 5 Stars.

No comments: