Local Weather

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Skagway, again ...


Beautiful day in Whitehorse.  I needed some fabric which I suspected I could find in Skagway so  away we went.  Stopped in Carcross for a muffin and ice coffee.  It was extremely busy there.  And why ?? One reason was there was a train in the station.  This happens only a couple of times a year and today was the day.  Didn't even think of getting an ice cream cone at Matthews General Store as the line up was so long.  This was only a pit stop anyway so on we went.


The weather in the Yukon was beautiful, as seen from the photo above.  Turn around and look Skagway way, and we could see the clouds appearing.  But, it was not too bad there.  Cloudy yes, but warm.


Although I did purchase material and Terry purchased flip flops, we were not charged at Canadian Customs even though our duty free exemption was $0 for staying in the States for 4 hours.  He did ask what we bought.  I said I purchased "3 yards of material".  "You couldn't purchase 3 yards of material in Whitehorse?" he asked.  "No", I said, "I could only purchase 3 meters of material there".  Smart ass, but got away with it.  

No comments: