Local Weather

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Day So Far

I am easily sidetracked whilst house cleaning today.  You know, start one project (dusting a shelf), spend the next fifteen minutes looking at the photo album of Nova Scotia 2010 which I will move from said shelf to a bookshelf upstairs, thinking of emailing Hilary (who came to Nova Scotia 1010 with me), rethinking I should do that a bit later, return to one project (dusting shelf), laundry beeps, ready to be moved from washer to dryer,  look at my winter clothing in the laundry room, begin putting away my winter clothes (outdoor clothes that is), packing up many of the scarves, mittens, toques, jackets ...  only leaving out a few articles, just in case (as well as the ones which still require laundering), return to  dusting shelf, find my old Nintendo DS and decide it is time to try Flash Focus, but of course the battery is dead so I have to look for the charging wires, finally find them, plug in the unit and play (these are exercises for the eyes really, not play) the set on the screen, now back to dusting the shelf ...  it is taking forever.

Time for a walk.  The sun is brilliant so out I go.  I don one of the winter coats still hanging, some light mittens still in the basket, plug into my iPod Touch (listening to Edgar Allan Poe's 12 Creepy Tales) and out I go.  Of course it snowed just a bit so shovelled the drive and back deck before starting my wee journey.  Luckily I spent a little time shovelling as I discovered the wind was very very very very cold so I re-entered the house to don a scarf (thank you Lisa for that lovely big red scarf that can wrap around and around doubling as a head warmer - (remember those??) - as well as a scarf) and off I go.  The beginning of my walk was fine as the wind was at my back but on the return journey --- did I say "in like a lamb" in my last entry??  The wind was blowing steadily from the north.  I would walk a bit then have to turn around to allow my forehead freeze to thaw then turn again and make it a few more steps closer to home before I had again to turn to thaw my forehead freeze.  This happened for the remainder of my return trip.  As well, my legs felt like icicles.  It felt as if I bent them too much they would crack in two (luckily I made it home with both my legs in one piece).  So much for a lovely walk on a brilliantly sunny day.

I am now inside, sipping hot tea and preparing to watch Coronation Street to see if Gail McIntyre will tell her son David that the baby his wife Kylie is having may not belong to him but to his step-brother Nick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I read this around 4 days ago but was too exhausted to respond my PERCEPTION cause my mom had been here for 3 days. Soooo, this is what I think - and you know too - CABIN FEVER - time for that holiday down the Rhine. Coming soon.