Local Weather

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Fox in the Dark

The other morning I awoke at 5AM.  Unable to get back to sleep, I went downstairs, made a cuppa, and turned on the news.  Before I settled down to sip my coffee I went to the window to view the street in the quiet of the morning.  And, in the moment it took me to look out the window, a fox trotted by with its pointed nose at one end and bushy tail following at the other.  I thought "how fortunate, just in that moment in time, to see this animal pass by".  Another coincidence that is entering my life of late.

Tonight, as I walked Lily on her lead, about 40 feet before me, I once again saw a fox - perhaps the same one I saw the other morning, crossing Hamilton Boulevard.  And, oddly enough, it crossed the road at the crosswalk.

No comments: