Local Weather

Saturday, January 26, 2013

January


Although the temperature is not too too bad (-18C) that North Wind is something else.  Went for a walk this morning and for the first half hour thought the weather was pretty good, till I turned around to return home ... had the north wind in my face the whole way.  Had to look to ensure my cheeks were not frost bitten.


 So did some downtown things.  Threw (not really ... ) Lily in the back of the car and away we went.


That wind just kept on a-blowin' .  When I was in grade 6, I had a teacher who would make us memorize poetry each week.  I was sure one of the poems was "...It is a cold wind, the north wind ..."  It sounds like it should be a Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poem or Walter de la Mare or similar, but I couldn't find it on google.  If you know of it please let me know.

News from Spain ... Brooke and SR are going to see a La Liga game tomorrow (noon in Spain, 6AM Eastern time)  Should be so much fun.  The stadium holds something like 70,000 and they had trouble getting 2 seats together so sounds like it's full - Madrid v Getafe.  Am trying to find a way to watch it on TV without much success.

No comments: