Local Weather

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Travelling through the eyes of another

My cousin, who has now finished his cruise and is taking a side trip in Alaska, took this photo this morning. What a site to behold first thing in the morning. Here's what he said:

I woke up today and went to get coffee in the main lodge and saw basking in early morning light Mount McKinley or as it is better known here in Alaska- Denali (the great One). At just over 20,000 feet it dwarfs the other mountains that stand at around 10,000 feet. Denali is over 40 miles away but it dominates the skyline.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

It´s strange for me to come across this photo so unexpectetly.
Particulary due to our few last mails where for unknown reasons we suddenly startet to peel off something more of the fruit of our relationsship,exposing aspects of one another we had not time to find out centuries ago.
There is one very close friend in my life.....the closest I ever had....and this beautiful photograph made me intensively think of him,noticing at the same time once again how much I still miss him.
Gacing at the white abysses I wonder where his body might be up there.
Shortly after we partet and you had returned to your home he died up there...and never could be found,while I was waiting for him at a little cabin up in the mountains of austria,where we had arranged to meet after his trip.
With no access to papernews I waited for weeks until I started to to suspect that he might never return.