Local Weather

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

City Workers

Here in the north we have heat tape wrapped around our pipes that bring the water from the main line in the street to our houses. I just discovered that my heat tape had no electricity travelling through it - a major problem. To find where the fault was, the city had to dig up the street and part of the front lawn. This is what I woke up to at 8:00 AM.
By lunch, the hole was dug, but they found a pool of water at the bottom of it. So, they had to call in a pump truck to pump out the water so they could reach the main and check the heat tape connection along (NOW) with where the water was leaking from.

I looked over at the backhoe operator and thought he was sleeping until I focussed the camera on him and he flashed me a peace sign. We all laughed. It turned out to be a happy story for me as the break in the current was found, the leak was just ground water, and the city is currently busy putting everything back together - at no charge to me (except in my taxes of course).

No comments: