Local Weather

Tuesday, October 17, 2006


Met my friend Carmen today for lunch at Yukon College - my old haunt in the early '90's. I still marvel at the artwork displayed in the halls. Notice the snow stayed so winter is officially here. It was about 4 degrees today but felt much colder than that. And it is currently snowing, so I'll have more shovelling to do soon. In case you care, the Yukon Party (Conservatives) are still in power after the elections. And I just heard today that your Aeroplan point system is changing. If you do not use your points within a one year period, they will remove them and make you buy them back for $30 (???) plus a cent a point. And, if I heard correctly, it will be discontinued in 7 years. So, all you people that have points, now is a good time to come up for a visit!

No comments: