Local Weather

Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday, June 13, 2005

Well, the fluffy weather is just about over, and now the yellow mist begins. The willows' yellow pollen coats everything. I expect one more week of that, then we'll be back to normal, as long as we don't have any forest fires with wood smoke filling the air.

Had a busy weekend. Went to the Kulych house on Friday for a feast. It was Natasha's birthday and her brother's high school graduation party. Shaun came into town (on a sadder note - he attended a funeral in Champagne for a fellow he worked with who had a car accident just north of Burwash - he was only 23 - he said there must have been 300 people at this funeral). He stayed the night then left at 6 AM to return to work. The party was fun. Lots of people I haven't seen for a long while and great food including Angie's cabbage rolls. Golfed Saturday, and of course went to the Yukon Game Preserve Sunday. Also went to the art coop in McRae, Yukon Artists @ Work. Stumbled upon their Sunday Brunch on the Deck - food by the Chocolate Claim and music by Steve Slade. Tony Clennett and Bela Simo were the featured artists this weekend - their work is fabulous! I was actually looking for Patrick Royle as I wanted to purchase his pottery as a gift. As it happened, he came into his studio with his son to get something right when I was looking for him, so it worked out perfectly. Made my purchase and made me happy!

Some little critter is eating my flowers! Helen is going to look in her scat book to see if we can identify him (I'm sure it's a him). It eats the tender plants right down to ground level.

Other than that, our weather has turned to summer - shorts & halter top weather, so I'm taking advantage of that. It currently looks like a hot sunny day is brewing outside my window, so I must go and take advantage of that.

No comments: