Local Weather

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

May 11, 2005

Been so long since I've added anything, I actually forgot how to get into my own site. Where have I been??? Well, summer is here. In case you haven't noticed, the Yukon has broken high temperatures all May so far. And we have often been the hotspot in Canada. Yeah. Hot sunny weather and no bugs. Paradise. The golf course is open - had my first game last night. I went to Vancouver for the weekend last weekend and when I came back, there were leaves on the trees. None before I left. I heard you could almost see them growing. It didn't rain in Vancouver - was occasionally sunny with a lot of sun filtering through an overcast syk - but nice all the same. Saw a play - went to a jazz bar - shopped (of course) - strolled English Bay. That about took up my two days. But none the less it was great to get away. Now it's spring clean up time in 25 degree celcius weather. My lawn is raked and am in the process of fertilizing. My deck needs painting. My garden needs planting. So I am outside most of the time when I'm home. The days are getting longer and longer - sunrise is 5:30 AM, sunset 10:30 PM, so it is twilight until atleast midnight (truth be told I haven't been awake past midnight so I don't know how long dusk lasts). Shaun is back north and out at work (right beside Kluane Park). Three weeks on then a weekend off. His friend Tara is coming up next week, so I will finally meet her. My last day of work is coming - May 31st. Am looking forward to that. A few departure parties to attend at month end. And, woe is me, soccer is winding up for the season. Big games on the 21st and 25th though. All for the best as I am rarely in the house to watch TV. That's about it. Mom made it to Holland for the ceremonies and is now in Hungary. Jenn & family returned from Disneyland - had a fabulous time - I've already seen some cute pictures of her trip. That's it for now. I'll try to take my camera a bit more and take some more pics now that the sun is shining. Later.

No comments: