Local Weather

Sunday, March 04, 2018

Academy Awards

Before I start, I haven't seen:
Phantom Thread or Lady Bird, two movies I still wish to see  (I don't like watching war movies although I heard Dunkirk was Exceptional)

Happy:

Best Supporting Actor:  Sam Rockwell; you hated him in the movie Three Billboards, then kinda liked him as you kinda understood him.  His acting was superb.

Best Supporting Actress:  Allison Janney; she played Tonya Haring's mother so well!!!

Not Seen (and won't as it has to do with war):  Best Actor :  Gary Oldman for Darkest Hour

Best Actress:  Francis McDormond for Three Bill Billboards, Loved her in the Movie and glad she won!  Like the fact she doesn't dress and make-up like all those stars which to me proves you don't have to be glitzy in Hollywood to be the best.

It's the 51st Anniversary of Bonnie and Clyde.  That made me feel old, thank you.

Best Picture:  The Shape of Water (I'm not sure I agree) but at least Warren Beatty was given the correct card this year (remember last year he was given the incorrect card and announced the the incorrect Best Picture ... what a mess that was!)

So I watched the whole award ceremony but have to admit I enjoyed watching it more when I had my Academy Award Parties here.  Miss all of you!



No comments: