Local Weather

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Don't forget Us

Want to know how it feels to live in the north? Read the following article:

http://cupwire.ca/articles/50636 (thanks Iris!)

And don't forget:

"Regardless of the fact that few Canadians will ever make their way up to the territories because of how expensive they are to visit, they’re part of Canada, they’re part of who we are — and we can’t leave them out.

Next time you’re talking about Canada and its different regions, just take the extra 0.8 seconds to mention the territories. You’re sure to be making at least one Yukoner happy."

This article reminds me of the time I went down to Edmonton to help SR set up for university. I phoned Telus and was able to get a great rate for his monthly phone bill - $20 unlimited calling across Canada per month. It worked out especially great as he was living with 2 other Yukoners - 3 in total. The first month passed and he gave me a phone call.

"Guess how much our phone bill was this month?"

I answered, "$20 + the monthly fee?"

"No. It was $575.00. And we only called the Yukon"

I phoned Telus and got hold of a manager.

"How is this possible?" I asked. "I was assured he was on the $20 special rate across Canada."

"Oh yes" she replied, "he is. That rate is 'across' Canada, and the Yukon is 'up and down'."

No comments: