Local Weather

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

A Skagway Visit


A trip on our (mine and Kristin's) wishlist was to take the Fjordland Express, a catamaran from Skagway to Juneau. As it turned out, my ol' friends, Linda & Terry were taking a cruise along the inside passage with a stop in Skagway. Perfect timing - we could visit with my friends one day and then take the trip to Juneau the next. So, in my car we hopped and drove the 2 hour journey to Skagway and happened to arrive right at the moment they disembarked from their excursion on the White Pass & Yukon Route to the White Pass summit. I met their travelling partners, Peter and Karen and we all squished into my car (and I literally mean squished) and lunched at Poppies, a restaurant on the outskirts of Skagway, located in a picturesque garden.


We finished lunch, made out way to the Red Onion Saloon and chatted the afternoon away until they had to board their ship to continue on their way.
It was so good to see my long-time friends, if only for an afternoon!

No comments: