Local Weather

Wednesday, November 10, 2010



Seems the birds came late this year. On their way south they stop in to my yard to eat the berries of my mountain ash. I had to look up their arrival on a blog from a previous year and they are a bit late, but not by much - about a week and a half.
It never ceases to amaze me when they come. The huge flock blackens the sky as they swoop down on the trees, eat in a frenzy, then all swoop up and away in unison. A few minutes later, back they come...again and again and again. It's fascinating and I do enjoy watching them every year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As soon as I opened your blog I just loved the pictures. You remind me to look at nature too albeit living in the city. I can just see you with a cup of tea enjoying the nature around you. I think of you often especially when I see glitter and kitch - MJT