Local Weather

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Skagway in August

Here is the valley that leads to Skagway Alaska.

With only 2 trains on this day, I was lucky to catch the train as I drove into Skagway.


And here is the photo for cousin Joe ... I don't know which line this cruise ship is, but what a spectacular day to be docked in beautiful Skagway.

Yes, I did drive 200 kilometres there and 200 kilometres back to buy a pair of shoes. And what a day for a drive! To cousin Joe, this is what Skagway looks like when water is not falling from the sky. It would have been a spectacular day for a train ride. And with only one ship in port, Skagway WAS bearable. I didn't go in any more than the 2 sport stores though as I found enough to buy in those two shops. It was a day my credit card was flying out of my pocket uncontrollably.

No comments: