Local Weather

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Not much to report from the northern front. Now that I am a paid worker once again (until the end of December anyway) I am having to squish what I did throughout the day into the night time hours or a weekend. But, alas, being a paid daytime worker, I now know when a long weekend comes upon us and the first one is Thanksgiving. (Of course, I would have known that weekend in any case as 26 years ago Thanksgiving Day I had a baby - something one cannot forget). So, we have already celebrated the birthday (Happy Birthday son!!!!) and today I will have a Thanksgiving Dinner and am looking forward to the turkey and all the fixin's that someone else is preparing (appreciate the invite Nancy!).

This Thanksgiving comes at an appropriate time considering the economic plunge we are currently experiencing. This weekend, we should think of the things we still have and give thanks, not what we have lost and despair. It is often the little things that make life a joy and I have many of them in my life - a wonderful son, many good supportive friends, strong and binding family relations, good health, opportunities that comes my way whether I take advantage of them or not, a roof over my head (so far anyway), and food in my belly to name a few. We often take for granted things we have that people in other parts of the world suffer without regardless of the economic conditions. I enjoy laughter every day, freedom of thought and actions and the pride of being Canadian. I am not rich money-wise, but I am rich in the things that make life fulfilling, and for that I give thanks.

To all of you Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Shaun - I remember first seeing your bundle of JOY at Linda and Terries place in Mississauga. I have to confess I was a little confused seeing you with a little one but what a great mom you have been and still are Carol. I really appreciated your giving thanks on this blog. We sure do have alot to be thankful for. Just went to a party at Rosas place on the lakeshore - Walter was our guest - It was a Willie Nelson party - I braided his hair into pigtails - He had such a blast - Should have pics soon. Oh - sorry for the pontificating blast on blog on ECO-Terrorism - I really get worked up on some things. - We all stay. ed up listening to UTUBE till 7 in the morning and then Walter went home at noon. He is all excited about the annual Halloween party down here on November 1 - You should see this one - It is over the wall - even the inside is done up. He had a great day with Ralph Mortimer and Karen and their new little grandchild LUKE - Anyway, should have more pics soon. The digital is on its way. Bye for now.

Joe said...

Nicely said Carol and very true.

If you have the chance watch the Score Sports net this Saturday as Macmaster takes on Windsor.