Local Weather

Monday, October 08, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day and with it comes the first skiff of snow, a couple of days early. The first skiff is usually October 11 (SR's Birthday, which is how I remember it). We needed it. The nights were getting very dark without the snow. Hope this doesn't discourage my next allotment of 2007 visitors, who I hope will come sometime within the next two weeks. I know Vancouverites don't like the snow, but I'm not sure about Londoners (England). Anyway, the temperature is lovely and the sun is shining today which is a change.

Just finished my week on the Cabbage Soup diet. I know it's a fad diet, but had to jump start my weight loss regime somehow - lost 6 pounds, so that is good. Was a little tired of cabbage soup by the end though. With all the company, I've had many late nights drinking beer and talking, drinking beer and talking, drinking beer and talking, thus my need to diet. So back to healthy eating (and just the odd beer).

For those that know Wally, he made it back to Ontario safe and sound. He had quite a trip, from Ontario to the Yukon, then south to Nelson, west to Vancouver/Victoria, then south to California and back to Ontario again, all by car with his dog.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I have much to be thankful for, luckily.

And Happy Birthday to SR, who turns 25 on Thursday!!! (Man, the time goes fast!) Many happy returns to you.

No comments: