Local Weather

Saturday, June 09, 2007


OK, here's the same boring picture taken 5 days later. You'll notice the sun is still shining on the church across my road at 10:30 PM. This picture is looking east, the west of course is brighter. I guess I'll have to start taking pictures later into the night for you to see a difference. The longest day (June 21st) is coming too soon - then the days will get shorter which means the nights will get longer -- ugh.

Now, for my northern travellers, I have found this web cam of the highway we will be travelling to Skagway. If you click on the "loop" button, it shows the road during different current time periods. Here's the link: http://www.dot.state.ak.us/iways/roadweather/forms/CameraImage.html?areaId=5&perspectiveId=2&siteId=32&viewId=7
It's a bit slow, but I found it interesting.

And for all you Pirates of the Caribbean fans, if you haven't seen Part III, go! It is worth seeing if only for Johnny Depp. He is made for the part. As well, all you Shrek fans, Shrek 3 is worth seeing, no matter what the critics say. I thoroughly enjoyed both movies.

No comments: